How I Help
If you are interested in exploring psychotherapy with me, I offer a free brief 20-minute phone consultation in order to establish whether we will be a good fit with one another at this time. We will decide at that point whether to schedule a first session.
Following standard psychotherapy treatment practices, I like to see clients on a weekly basis (typically at the same regular standing appointment). This frequency will be the most effective way to form a trusting collaborative relationship in order to reach your personal goals.
My therapeutic approach is holistic, meaning I will assess and treat all parts of your life — physical, emotional, mental, social, cultural, spiritual, occupational, etc. — because I believe all of these parts work together as a system and affect one another. I see you not only as an individual, but as somebody who exists in relationships with others and the environment around you. Therefore, treatment and therapy will address these aspects of your life as well. I utilize a variety of therapeutic frameworks to conceptualize and fit your specific needs, including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: an approach that emphasizes acceptance of thoughts and feelings that are unwanted or unhelpful, as well as committing to values and actions that will enhance your quality of life
- Interpersonal Neurobiology: an interdisciplinary framework that promotes integration (the linkage of different aspects of a system) — both within the individual and within relationships — in order to promote flexibility, adaptability, and wholeness.
- Relational Therapy: an approach that examines past and present relationships, and emphasizes the healing that arises from healthy connectedness to others
- Family Systems Therapy: Based on systems theory, this approach assumes the client to be inseparable from her family-of-origin and current network of relationships; therefore, systemic change is crucial for individual change, and vice versa
- Psychodynamic Therapy: an approach that emphasizes increased insight and self-awareness into one’s internal processes, as well as how one’s past relational patterns influence the present
One aspect of my overall approach is to address your immediate concerns and engage in problem-solving with you. This will look different for each person, based on your unique needs. For example, I can help you identify and engage in healthier coping skills, such as mindfulness, stress reduction, and more effective communication with others. The second aspect is to go deeper with you (should you choose to do so) — to identify the meaning and origin behind your choices and behavior, such as exploring your family-of-origin and core beliefs/values. I believe it is crucial for each of us to continually gain insight and self-awareness in order to actually enact change and be truly transformed.
If you choose to embark with me on a journey towards change, I assure that you will be met with safety and acceptance. We will identify tangible goals for you to strive towards, develop a collaborative relationship to meet those goals, and ultimately, experience your growth together. I look forward to meeting you soon!
Explore the following to learn more about my personal areas of clinical interest and specialties:
If you are interested in pursuing therapy with me or have any additional questions about what to expect from the process, please complete the Contact Form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.